Wednesday 30 March 2011

Harry Potter Opening

This short clip is taken from the opening sequence of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The clip originally has music added to the video  except we used a blank version of the clip with only some narrative. The reasons for this is it allowed me to add and create my own music which I had made using GarageBand. To do so I imported the clip into GarageBand and looked over the clip and looked out what type of music and sounds would suit best to the theme of the sequence. As the opening was mostly very dark and gloomy scenes I chose to use Diegetic music otherwise it would appear comical if i was to use very upbeat music which would be non-Diegetic which is not what I wanted. Parts of the clip had characters appearing very suddenly which could seem quite scary and jumpy but without the music it did not hold this affect. Therefore in these parts of the clip and inserted loud and thumping music to emphasize the affect. 
This task was very useful as it allowed me to practice for when myself and my groups opening sequence had been filmed and edited in which I could import my opening sequence and create music to add to the 2 minute clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment